Join Our Team! Your next career opportunity may be just a click away!
Thank you for considering a career with the Tinley Park Convention Center and Holiday Inn Hotel. Please review our current openings below and check back regularly for new job postings.
To Apply…click on the job title you are interested in and an application form will open in a new window. Enter the job you are applying for and complete the application form and upload your resume and cover letter.
If you are applying for multiple positions, please complete a separate application for each posting. Unless otherwise noted, positions posted are for the Tinley Park Convention Center and/or Holiday Inn Tinley Park.
Job Listings –
|Business Travel & Corporate Sales Manager||REPORTS TO: Director Convention & Catering Sales
REQUIRED TRAINING/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma, college course work preferred. Must have at least 3 yrs sales experience, preferably in the hospitality industry. Must have leadership qualities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to organize time effectively. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must have command of the English language; written and oral. Able to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time in order to interact with clients and staff both inside and outside of the hotel. Must be able to work flexible and extended hours.
Responsible for effectively soliciting & becoming familiar with accounts in his/her geographic
territory. Soliciting and booking of corporate group business. Responsible for the accurate
and detailed reporting of all groups booked, and exceeding specified revenue goals. Responsible
for the creation of group sales contracts, follow-up calls, and correspondence to clients.
• Maintain a professional appearance and poise commensurate with the image of the hotel & convention center.
• Understand the features/benefits of the hotel & convention center
• Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, property tours, networking, etc.) in order to maximize room revenue and to meet/exceed goals.
• Build Business Transient business to create strong rooms foundation for the hotel. Manage the company blocks and reservations
• Develop a sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel market trends to meet/exceed sales goals. Regularly review and be in tune with assigned market segments.
• Develop proposals, qualify customers and prepare contracts.
• Develop and enhance relationships with key businesses and individual contacts to maintain and increase market share.
• Report product quality feedback to the Director of Convention & Catering Sales.
• Attend community and industry functions to promote business & generate sales leads.
• Maintain accurate, legible records in files to provide group history and ensure future quality service and enhance future proposals.
• Follow all Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center policies and procedures on files, traces & account follow-up.
• Ability to help change and set function space as required in an emergency. Ability to move tables and chairs if requested. Assist in decorating function rooms as required.
• Not all duties are listed and are subject to change at any time
• Perform all other related duties, projects, and reports as assigned by the Director of Sales
Sales Manager (cont.)
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand fluent English.
• Must have 20/20 vision either with or without corrective lenses.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to move long distances for outside sales calls and for giving facility site tours to prospective clients.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have excellent oral communication skills for ongoing client, dept. head and employee communication.
• Must be able to read and comprehend written English communication.
• Must be adept at numerical calculations and utilizing a calculator/adding machine.
• Must be adept at typing and proficient in the use of various required software programs.
• Must have excellent attention to details, deadlines and persistent follow-up skills.
• Must possess excellent problem resolution skills and ability to react in difficult situations
• Works alone & with others
• Verbal and face-to-face contact
• Indoors and outdoors
• Multiple tasks and changing priorities
• Fast-paced at times
|Lead Cook Banquets||Full Time Position
2 years hotel / restaurant / banquet culinary experience required. Must be able to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Culinary degree preferred. Illinois State Food Handler Certificate, ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or Illinois State Food Service Sanitation License required. Great opportunity for advancement.
|Lead Pastry Cook||Lead Pastry Chef for Convention Center. 60% scratch cooking (Breakfast pastries, muffins, danish, sheet cake decorating, cookies, etc.) Trayed desserts for 100-1,000 guests. Help Executive Chef with organizing and daily production lists.
Excellent supervisory, communication and basic math skills. Complete knowledge of kitchen equipment, operation and sanitation. Proficient in cake decorating and scratch baking. Able to stand on feet for entirety of shift, able to work Sat/Sun/Holidays. Must be able to carry at least 25 pounds and lift up to 6 feet. Team player who enjoys working with others.
|Banquet Operations Manager||Minimum 2 years Banquet Management for a large scale operation. Must have excellent customer service skills, able to work all shifts including weekends & holidays. Food safety, BASSET certified. Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, problem solve, give and take direction. Must be able to stand/walk/bend for at least 8 hours and be able to carry at least 50 pounds. Must adhere to Hotel/Convention Center policies, ensure standards are being met and be proficient in MS Office.|
|Line Cook||Part Time Position
1 years hotel / restaurant / banquet culinary experience required. Must be able to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Culinary degree preferred. Illinois State Food Handler Certificate, ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or Illinois State Food Service Sanitation License required.
|Restaurant Server||2 years hotel / restaurant service experience required. Must have great guest relations skills and provide service with a smile. Illinois State Food Handler Certificate, ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or Illinois State Food Service Sanitation License required.|
|Restaurant Busser||1 year restaurant service experience preferred. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and provide service with a smile.|
|Restaurant Bartender||Part time. 2 years hotel / restaurant service experience required. Must have great guest relations skills and provide service with a smile. Illinois State Food Handler Certificate, ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or Illinois State Food Service Sanitation License required.|
|Banquet Server||1 year high volume, high quality service experience preferred but will train the right person. Must portray sense of urgency. Great customer service focused attitude with a smile a must. Must be able to carry 35lbs above the shoulder and stand or walk for 8 – 10 hours per shift. Professional appearance required. Illinois State Food Handler Certificate, ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or Illinois State Food Service Sanitation License required.|
|Banquet Set-up Houseman||Part time. Previous meeting and event set-up experience preferred.|
|Dish Washer||Part time. Previous experience preferred. Illinois State Food Handler Certificate, ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or Illinois State Food Service Sanitation License required.|
|Guest Service Agent / Hotel Front Desk||Part time. 1 year customer service experience in hospitality or related field preferred. Must have great guest relations skills and provide service with a smile. Shifts vary.|
|Housekeeping - Various Positions||Part time. 1 year related service experience preferred. Must provide service with a smile. Housekeepers/Room Cleaners, Lobby Attendants, Laundry Attendants|
|Pastry Cook||Full-Time Position
Minimum of 2 years related experience, plus an Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts or baking certificate. Must be able to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.